Higher Diploma in Financial Management
Higher Diploma in Financial Management
Principles of Accounting
To ensure that a company’s financial statements are complete, consistent and comparable.
- Revenue recognition principle.
- Matching principle
- Materiality principle
- Consistency principle
To generate revenue for the government to fund its various activities and programs, such as infrastructure development, social welfare, and national defense.
- Direct taxes
- Indirect taxes
Inform changes to a business through utilization of predictive models that provide insight into the outcome of proposed changes.
- Descriptive Analytics can show what happened and is the foundation of data insights.
- Diagnostic Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics
To convey information effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Context, Sender/Encoder, Message, Medium, Receiver/Decoder and Feedback.
- Future Prediction
- Classification of business issues
- Drafting business policies
- Establishing relations between different economic aspects
- Product factors, consumption and dissemination
- Regulating the conduct of businesses and individuals engaged in commerce.
- Promoting fair competition and free trade.
- Protecting consumers and safeguarding their rights.
- Facilitating the orderly conduct of business transactions.
- Rights assignment
- Drafting and work delegations
- Breach of contract
- Penalties for violation of the agreement
Business Research Methods
To identify the issues and evaluate a plan to resolve them for better managerial functioning.
- Research design
- Research methodology
- Approach within a research methodology
- Research method
- Use of longitudinal data
- Sampling strategy
- Data analysis techniques
To maximize or increase shareholder.
- Proper budgeting
- Raising capital to meet company needs and objectives with debt and/or equity.
- Efficient management of a company’s current assets and liabilities.
Overseeing all legal and external affairs matters including litigation, investigations, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, contract matters and international trade issues.
- The body of law governing the rights.
- Conduct of persons
- Organizations and businesses
- Sell – Grow sales. Start with your most important transactions that lead to revenue and profit.
- Speak – Get closer to customers through dialogue and participation.
- Serve – Add value.
- Save – Save costs.
- Sizzle – Extending your brand online.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay-per-click Advertising (PPC)
- Email Marketing
- Develop a business plan.
- Launch your first product.
- Create an online presence.
- Achieve financial stability.
- Hire the right people.
- Delegate effectively.
- Work with ideal clients.
- Connect with like-minded individuals.
Essentials of Information Skills
To enable them to exploit the wide range of information resources available and to retrieve, evaluate and use that information effectively.
- Acknowledge sources of information
- Risk management
- Arbitrage between markets
Financial markets and institutions
Facilitating the smooth operation of capitalist economies by allocating resources and creating liquidity for businesses and entrepreneurs.
- The various international currencies.
Help companies, business owners and consumers better manage their financial operations, processes and lives.
- Block chain technology.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Other big data functions like robotic process automation (RPA).
Human Resources Management
To ensure the right people with the right skills for the right job position in an organization.
- Working environment
- Staff relations
- Staff development
Introduction to Finance
To give an understanding of the role of financial management in industry.
- Leverage or debt
- Capital markets
- Creation and oversight of financial systems
Introduction to Financial Accounting
To accurately prepare an organization’s financial accounts for a specific period.
- The income statements
- The balance sheets
- The cash flow statement
- The statement of retained earnings
Introduction to Management Accounting
To maximize profit and minimize losses.
- Product costing
- Various financial analysis
To understand the human interactions in an organization find what is driving it and influence it for getting better results for attaining business goals.
- Leader behaviour and power
- Interpersonal communication
- Group structure and processes
- Attitude development and perception
- Change processes
- Conflict and negotiation and work design
Principles of Management
- Establishment of objectives
- Appraisal of performance based on the objectives
To develop and employ mathematical models, theories and/or hypothesis pertaining to phenomena.
- Data Analysis
- Sampling Profitability
- Sampling methodology
Risk Management and Insurance
Protect not only the assets and income of an organization from the potential of accidental loss, but also other stake holder’s dependent upon the organization.
- Risk identification is the process of documenting potential risks and then categorizing the actual risks and business faces.
- Risk analysis
- Response planning
- Risk mitigation
- Risk monitoring
Covers the setting objectives for the company, keeping an eye on competitor’s actions, reassessing the organization’s internal structure, evaluating present-day strategies, and affirming the implementation of those strategies throughout the company.
- Goal setting
- Gathering information
- Strategy formulation
- Strategy implementation
- Strategy evaluation
- The Start
- Forming the strategy