Higher Diploma in Fashion Designing
Higher Diploma in Fashion Designing
English for Academic
Introduce the concept of English for Academic purposes, discuss the types academics that use EAP with frequency and provide the most common academic and unacademic language structures to students.
- Interpreting information
- Understanding spoken and written academic texts
- Identify relevant information
- Synthesizing information from listening and reading texts
- Recognizing points of view and bias.
This mainly focus on develop and strengthen the quality of entrepreneurship, removing unemployment, enhancing industrial development and developing industrially backward region.
- What is an entrepreneurship?
- Common traits for entrepreneurs
- 7 types of entrepreneurs
- Pros and cons of entrepreneurship
- Common entrepreneurship requirements.
Introduction to Fashion Designing
Fashion design is a form of art dedicated to the creation of clothing and other lifestyle accessories. This aims to learn and understand how to design, how to do pattern making, good quality of sewing and put your ideas in fashion sketches to make others understand your design better.
- What is fashion design?
- Important elements of fashion design
- The principles of fashion design
Fashion drawing is the foundation of every fashion illustration. It’s where all the magic begins.
- The body
- The face + the hair
- The clothing + accessories
Introduction to Textile
Gain an understanding about textile fibers and their users. Main objective is to ensure the quality of textiles and textile machinery both for internal consumption and export purposes.
- What is textile?
- Categories of textiles
- Components of textiles
- Importance of textiles
History of Costume
Details of costumes used by historical characters can reveal much historical insight as they tell us about the rich heritage of a place, making the descendants proud of their culture and determine a person’s cultural identity.
- Origin of costumes
- Types of ancient costume
- Costume construction
Pattern Drawing has become necessary for a Fashion Designer to enable them to make different garments. Pattern Drawing is very interesting and important for designers as it helps to interpret designs and understand it with technical ability.
- Fat pattern making
This provides you with all the presets for stiches, the correct foot, and with the ability to change these settings you are on your way to creativity so much faster. This is simple and helpful way to document your sewing projects and to keep stock of your fabrics, patterns and other miscellaneous bits and bobs.
- Introduction to sewing application
- Types of sewing application
- Pros and cons of sewing application
A design that is made to enhance the external beauty of something is called decorative design. Decorative designs are used to dress designing. It multiplies the beauty of clothing.
- Trimmings and accessories for dress decoration
- Different types of fashion trims and accessories
It can be defined as the process of buying clothes from the manufacturer and selling them to the customers. Objective of this maximizing a company’s sales and profitability.
- Elements of retail
- Types of retail stores
- Trends of fashion retailing
- Prominent fashion retailers
Garment and Composition Drawing
Fashion drawings help communicate the technical elements of a design, such as length and fit, to a patternmaker. Composition is the way in which different elements of an artwork are combined are arranged. The artist has complete freedom when choosing the composition of their artwork.
- Movement lines
- A focal point
Computer Aided for Fashion Design
CAD helps in exploring more colors among the designs to help you get the perfect color that brings out the pattern individually. This will ultimately reduce the cost and will save the time taken to deal the patterns manually.
- What is Computer Aided for Fashion Design?
- Importance of Computer Aided for Fashion Design?
- Applications of CAD
- Future of CAD
English for Profession
English helps you in understanding common business communications easily. Professional English is focused on communicating clearly in a business setting, with co-workers, customers, your boss or anyone else related to work.
- Knowing how to make phone calls
- Write reports
- Engage during meetings
- Tips for learning professional English
Apparel or garment manufacturing involves many processing steps, beginning with the idea or design concept and ending with a finished product. To meet the specification of the final product and to be cost-effective in nature.
- Product Design
- Fabric Selection and Inspection
- Pattern making
- Pressing or Folding
- Finishing and Detailing
- Dyeing and Washing
Fashion illustration helps a designer to put down their ideas practically. This helps in visualizing the ideas and concepts surrounding the design. Fashion illustrations reduce the amount of waste produced tremendously.
- What is fashion illustration?
- Human body
- Light and shadow
- Illustration media
- History of fashion illustration
- Drawing fashion
- Types of fashion illustration
Analysis of Fashion Culture and Styles
It helps in understanding the shifting patterns in consumers’ behaviours, fashion preferences, and lifestyle. which ultimately indicate the future trends and styles in consumer preferences.
- Collecting data related to fashion culture and styles.
- Analyzing collected data
- Consumer behaviour
- Maximize profit
Design Research & Development
The purpose of a research design is to provide a plan of study that permits accurate assessment of cause and effect relationships between independent and dependent variables. It allows to understand complex human behaviour and turn that into actionable insights that improve the design.
- The study of the design and development process as a whole.
- Particular components of the process.
- The impact of specific design and development efforts.
This decides how to represent a film’s setting, time period, characters and objects on the screen or onstage.
- Color Palettes
- Textile sample
Design of Accessories & Footwear
Accessories Designers use their creativity and artisanry to design, producer and ultimately promote original wardrobe pieces to design footwear and accessories.
- Shock absorption
- Sole wear
Fashion Event Management
This is an event put on by a fashion designer to showcase their upcoming line of clothing accessories during a fashion week. This is where designers seek to promote their new fashions.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Event marketing and promotion such as celebrity management and influencer marketing.
- Budget management.
- Event/Show production and logistics.
- Risk management.
- Emerging trends in events: sustainability and digital transformations.
Fashion Design Project & Portfolio
A fashion portfolio is a collection of all samples created by a fashion designer. It is a way to present the collection of works before a potential client.
- What is a fashion design project and portfolio?
- Types of portfolios
- Create a fashion design project and portfolio.
Computer Aided for Fashion Design & Portfolio
A portfolio displays your originality and serves as a platform for potential clients to view your work. It demonstrates your actual potential and talents you possess. The aim of creating a personal portfolio is to tell the world who you are as a designer or fashion professional.
- Fabric swatches
Fashion Images & Styling
It gives an idea about your personality and allows you to make a statement about yourself.
- Providing fashion advice.
- Choosing and coordinating outfits for models in photo shoots or actors in television and film.
- Choosing props and accessories and preparing them for shoots.
Internships are an opportunity to network with great people and sharpen your skills before entering the work force. It also helps tremendously with figuring out your true passion.
- Benefits of internship
- Final project
- Internship period